Note: Only biological men can take the PatriClan test. Women who want to trace their paternal lineage must use DNA from a male relative on their paternal line. Please see the policy here.
The PatriClan Test will reveal the African country of origin and ethnic group (tribe) that you share paternal ancestry with during the past 500 - 2,000 years.* This test will not provide percentages of different regions.
Your DNA is destroyed. We DO NOT sell or share your genetic information.
Our test kits include everything you need to submit your sample, track its progress online, digital results and complete destruction of your DNA.
Your PatriClan Experience includes:
- Official digital results from the Y chromosome that men inherit exclusively from their fathers
- Digital Certificate of Ancestry with specific ancestral country and tribe
- E-book African Ancestry Guide to African History and Cultures
- Membership in the exclusive African Ancestry Online Community on Facebook
- Newly found sense of pride, place and belonging
- Gateway to exploring the traditions, practices, values and beliefs of your paternal ancestor group
- Eligibility to participate in African Ancestry Family Reunions
* Your paternal ancestry may not be African, despite your father's skin color or whatever percentages you may have from another company. We cannot guarantee your result will be African. THERE IS A 35% CHANCE THAT YOUR RESULT WILL BE NON-AFRICAN. If your result is not African, we will identify whether it is European, Asian, Middle Eastern or Indigenous American but you will not receive a country or a group.
* NO REFUNDS for Non-African results.
* International customers are responsible for return postage for swabs.
My brother supplied the DNA swab for the search. It was very enlightening to find out the country and tribe our father’s ancestors came from.
Enlightening and empowering!
The Patrilinneal test showed that my father’s line descends from the Benga and Fang people currently residing in Gabon! A beautiful Bantu speaking people and as a Black American man, knowing that tribal connection is enlightening and empowering!
Safe, Secure, and Fast Process
We were glad to have found African Ancestry and its goals and mission towards privacy and data protection. The process was smooth and efficient, and I received my results within the estimated range. My family has been discussing the results ever since and we’ve come to bond over learning more about our paternal lineage.